NORTH CANTON, OH- Walsh ended their 2022 season Saturday (April 30th) with a doubleheader agaisnt Ashland University on Senior Day. The Seniors fueled an 8-0 win in game one as Ashland took game two 10-2.
Records: Walsh 11-23 (7-15), Ashland 12-23 (6-16)
Location:Walsh Softball Complex (North Canton, Ohio)
GAME ONE (W, 8-0):
- Both teams remained scoreless through three innings before Emma Bobey reached first on a single to left field.
- A Katelyn Loughman single to shortstop advanced pinch runner Brynn Elliott to second base. Freshman Emily Allphin reached first on a fielder's choice to shortstop as Loughman and Elliott each advanced a base. Elliott put the Cavs on the board as she scored on a Clare Mewhinney RBI
- Mewhinney and pinch runner Kaylee Nolte each advanced on a wild pitch. With runners on second and third, Katelyn Kennedy singled to right center to put Walsh up 3-0
- Brooklyn Hellman led off the fifth inning with a single to center field. Emma Bobey hit a two-run RBI double to left center to extend the Cavalier lead 5-0
- Walsh went on to score three more runs as Kalin Kovach, Jessie Rock, and Katelyn Loughman each tabbed an RBI to make the final score 8-0.
GAME TWO (L 10-2):
- Ashland struck first as they scored five runs in the second inning to take their first lead of the day at 5-0. The Eagles extended their lead to 6-0 before Walsh cut the lead to five in the bottom of the sixth
- Catcher Jessie Rock hit a solo homer to lead off the Cavaliers in the bottom of the sixth.
- Ashland went on to score four more runs in the top of the seventh as they connected on four hits
- Sarah Moats made the final score 10-2 as she hit a homerun to left field
- Alison Harper pitched all seven innings and tabbed four strikeouts