LEXINGTON, KENTUCKY- The Walsh University Men's Golf team finished up the University of Findlay Spring Invite on Tuesday(March 29). The Cavs started off the 54 hole event a little slow, battling strong winds and frigid temperatures. Round two brought much improvement by the Cavs, but the round was suspended due to darkness. The maroon and gold completed round two and the final round on Tuesday in the same conditions. They would end up tallying rounds of 304-291-294 and placing thirteenth overall.
LOCATION: The University Club of Kentucky-Big Blue ( Lexington, KY)
FOR THE CAVALIERS:
- Brandon Netzel guided the Cavs for the 54 holes. Carding an opening round of 76, Netzel found himself getting off to a much better start in round two.
- Netzel fired a second round 3 under par 69 followed by a final round 73, finishing tied for twenty-fifth place overall.
- Brandon Jatich kept things consistent all three rounds after posting rounds of 72-74-72.
- Kyle Buzaki was next in line for the Cavaliers with rounds of 78-75-76.
- Noah Frase and Cory Gasaway rounded out the lineup for the maroon and gold after posting rounds of 78-80-73 and 80-73-81.
Grand Valley State took home the team champion title with their 54 hole total 854.
The men host their Cav Classic at Glenmoor Country Club April 4th and 5th.