LEXINGTON, KENTUCKY- The Walsh University Men's golf team completed their second event of their spring season today in Kentucky. The men teed it up at Kearney Hill Golf Links for the SVSU Spring Invite. Sitting in sixth place after a first round filled with high winds and winter weather conditions, the Cavs looked to improve heading into day two, but fell short. The Cavs posted rounds of 312-299 for the 36 hole event to place ninth overall out of a field of nineteen teams.
LOCATION: Kearney Hill Golf Links
FOR THE CAVALIERS:
- Brandon Netzel paced the Cavs with an impressive two day run, battling extreme conditions day one and continuing his pace on day two.
- Netzel tallied an opening round of 74 and was tied for third place after day one.
- A final round of 2 under par would keep the 5th year senior locked in position at the completion of day two.
- Junior Kyle Buzaki carded rounds of 76 and 75 for the Cavs.
- Buzaki tallied 5 birdies on his card for round two.
- Noah Frase posted rounds of 80-76 over the 36 holes.
- Also competing for the maroon and gold were:
Southern Indiana took home the team champion title after posting a 36 hole total of 588.
The Cavs tee it up again next weekend (March 28-29) at the Findlay Spring Invite in Lexington, Kentucky.