Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is a select group of student-athletes representing each Cavalier intercollegiate athletic program. Student-athletes who comprise the committee shall meet monthly with the Senior Woman Administrator and at least once a semester with the Vice President for Athletics/Director of Athletics to discuss topics concerning intercollegiate athletics as a whole as well as individual sports/teams. Students will be selected and will serve for an academic year.
The mission of Walsh University Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is to promote communication between student-athletes, the university administration, the department of athletics administration, and community members. Members will work to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity, protecting student-athlete welfare, voicing the student-athlete perspective, and fostering a positive student-athlete image to the campus and community.
- To enhance the communication between student-athletes and athletic administration, faculty, and coaches.
- To let student-athletes voice their perspective regarding NCAA legislation, academic issues, and the student-athlete experience at the campus, conference, and national level.
- To respond to proposed NCAA legislation as well as suggest potential NCAA legislation.
- To develop and organize community service and charitable fundraising efforts.
- To aid in a compliance function to ensure that student-athletes are aware of the rules and will assist the Department of Athletics in the dissemination of information.
- To take an active role in promoting and supporting Walsh University Athletics.
- To promote a positive student-athlete image on campus and in the community.
Walsh University SAAC Officers
President- Ben Lehotay, Senior, Men’s Cross Country
Vice President- Louis Zuk, Senior, Men’s Lacrosse
Treasurer- Kendra Zbinovec, Senior, Women’s Track & Field
Secretary- Becca Bode, Senior, Softball
Advisor- Sara Snell, Assistant AD/Senior Woman Administrator